Monday, August 23, 2010

Open your mind to new experiences

"Your mind is like a parichute, it works better when it's open!"

       Kurek Ashley

I found this quote on line today and it really struck a cord with me.  There are so many new adventures and tasks that I would like to take on, but somehow we just go about our daily routine doing the same old thing over and over again.  It's like we have tunnel vision.  We just go about our day on automatic pilot because our famillies depend on us. Now I'm not saying as moms we should shun the responsibilities we have...not at all. Just taking a walk to enjoy God's creations, taking time to read, spending time with a friend opens our minds to new ways of thinking and we are able to handle the daily tasks we perform in a new light!

I'm am writing this for myself as well.  I have to open and feed my own mind with new experiences in order to share with my family and other people the things that I am most passionate about. Especially as moms, we need to take that time to take care of ourselves and have some quality time to do the things that matter to us. I'm challenging you to do something in addition to your daily routine.  I will do the same.  It may be a small thing, but in the long run it will really make a difference. I think i'll  take a walk in the rain today... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment